Something Splendid is now over at http://somethingsplendidblog.com. Come check us out over there for even more great ideas.
Dating can be really tricky, it’s important to give a good impression. Always remember to make it a fun outing your date will never forget.
These are all ideas we have experienced ourselves or surveyed others so we know they will be a hit!
Just the two of you:
- Find a big hill and go sledding
- Ice skating
- Go Bowling – try getting bumpers and playing for the lowest score, or playing with only your non-dominant hand
- Have a snowball fight and build a snowman
- Go to the DI or a thrift store and pick an outfit out for each other – they have to wear it the rest of the night
- Around Christmas look at the lights- Temple Square is amazing
- Snow shoeing – college campuses offer rentals for really cheap
- Check out an art museum
- Bake two cakes then put on blindfolds and decorate them with icing – see who ends up with the better cake
- Go to a driving range and hit a bucket of balls
- Night golfing (just make sure you don’t get caught)
- Mini golf
- Nicklemania or any arcade
- Rent a paddle boat or canoe- a lot of parks have rentals, my favorite is Liberty Park in Salt Lake
- Explore a cave
- Hiking – every city has hiking trails – if your looking for a good hike in Salt Lake try Ensign Peak – it’s short, simple, and has an amazing view especially at night
- Celebrating all the Holidays in one day – carve pumpkins, do fireworks, eat pumpkin pie, have an Easter egg hunt, then go to the dollar store and buy each other Christmas presents
Double or group date ideas:
- Clothes pinning – each couple gets a bag of clothespins, go to a highly populated place like the mall or Wal-Mart. Objective is to get rid of all your clothes pins before the other couple. You do this by putting the clothespins on random people at the mall. You cannot let anyone see you do it and the person you are pinning cannot know
- Go on a scavenger hunt in your neighborhood to find all the ingredients you need to make cookies. Compete with the other team to see who can make theirs the fastest
- Go to the thrift store with 5 dollars – have a contest to see who can get the best item
- “Bigger or Better” – Each couple starts with something small—go door to door in your neighborhood asking people to trade you for something bigger or better than the item. At the end of a specified amount of time, gather together as a group and vote on who got the biggest and best item.
- Game show – Amazing Race, American Idol, Shop Till you Drop
- Food fight – this works with ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, anything